Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

#52: Sheila (and other news)

This is my friend Sheila; she commissioned me to paint this family portrait series. You've seen her daughters Lauren and DeAnna's paintings in the past week. I see a significant (positive) difference in my portrait painting ability with this one. Somehow it looks closer to a 'Karin Jurick' portrait. I look up to her when it comes to painting portraits. I wonder if the difference isn't really an improvement in my painting skills but rather the fact that her face is hard-wired in my brain from seeing her almost everyday for the past 5 years. As an artist you rely heavily on your subconcious or memories and not just what you see. Its hard to separate the two but very important at times.  Have a nice weekend folks!

In other news, I made it to the frontpage of Southbridge paper on 11/6. Posting an image of the article below the painting.

6x6 inch
oil on gessobord
SOLD